Richard had a rather horrible fork failure. He assures me he noticed it before it caused him any damage,for which I am most glad. Anyway he asked me to make him a new fork and after discussing the need to fit a 36mm tire and a long reach brake caliper we decided on the crown you see. These sloping fork crowns bring a lot more rigidity to the design than older flatter ones because they shorten the blades somewhat but that was by the by, Richard needed the clearance.
Steve, who has done a lot of km’s on his beloved Dawes found a bulge developing in the bottom head lug along with a developing crack. I discovered that the head tube and head lugs were actually part and parcel. A single formed item. So, we decided to replace both the down tube and the head tube and lugs. Steve has asked me to do a couple of other bits and pieces to the frame as well so I will update the pictures when that happens
Work continues on the Raleigh and it begins to look like a real bike for the first time https://gdukehandmadebicycles.com.au/2016/02/29/rebuilding-the-raleigh/